Editing the Website
Maintaining your website with the WordPress content management system is easy, but it does take a little time to learn. Refer to this brief document for an overview of the workflow.
- Log into the website’s WordPress management system: https://safehavennow.org/wp-admin. This will take you to the WordPress dashboard. You don’t need to do much in here.
- Now that you’re logged in, there is a black bar at the top of the screen with administration links. Click the “SafeHaven Now Food Pantry and Thrift Store” link in the top left corner (with the little house icon) to go back to the website.
To edit a page
- Navigate to the page you’d like to edit.
- Click the “Edit Page” button on the black administration bar.
- You may now make changes to the existing content or add content.
- When done editing, click “Update” in the top right corner to save your changes. A little black box will pop up in the lower left corner that says “Page Update” with a “View Page” link. Click that link to see your changes, or click the “SafeHaven Now Food Pantry and Thrift Store” link in the top left corner (with the little house icon) to go back to the homepage of the website.
To add a news post
- Hover over the “New” link in the black navigation bar, and choose “Post.”
- In the Post editor, give the news post a title that clearly explains the purpose of the article.
- Below the title, type the content of the page.
- Add images, videos, or other features by clicking the plus symbol in the block editor.
Contact Henderson Media with any questions.